Next weekend is Labor Day weekend, the unofficial end of Summer. But this weekend is the last weekend before schools start in Baltimore and Howard Counties – and there are a lot of great activities going on. We have picked five great events going on in our communities this weekend.
- In the wake of the tragedy of the train derailment in Ellicott City, residents are coming together to support the businesses on Main Street in an event called Main Street Appreciation Weekend. They are asking everyone to come to Main Street in Historic Ellicott City this weekend to shop, eat and drink.
- The Party on the Plaza Concert Series continues this weekend at The Avenue at White Marsh. Junkyard Saints play tonight and S.T.O.R.M Reggae Band play Saturday. Music starts at 7pm and the beer garden opens at 6:30pm.
- Frederick Road Fridays continues tonight in Catonsville on Egges Lane with Jay Cleaver & the Love Leaders. Music starts at 6:30pm, and there is a beer garden at Jennings.
- The Maryland State Fair starts today in Timonium and runs through September 3rd. There is great food, fun rides, crafts and lots of animals – fun for the whole family!
- This weekend the Orioles are back in town, and today is Cal Ripken Jr’s 52nd birthday. If you can’t make it tonight, the Orioles are also playing the Blue Jays Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Get to the Yard and support our team who is going to the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years! Go O’s!