Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Rent Instead of Buy a House:
- Maintenance Issues Are Not Your Problem
– Don’t worry if you are not handy with a hammer, your landlord will fix it for you.
- Upkeep Is Done For You
– You don’t have to mow the lawn or shovel the driveway everything is taken care of for you.
– You can easily move at any time once your lease is up if you change jobs or just want to live in another city rather than being tied to a 30-year mortgage or the hassle of selling.
- Better Security
– Included in your rent are security measures such as locked building doors and outside video cameras.
- No Property Taxes
– You save a lot of money renting by not having to pay a hefty property tax.
- Lower Utility Costs
– Costs less money to power, heat and cool an apartment than it does a house.
- Lower Insurance Costs
– Renter’s Insurance is about half the price as Homeowner’s Insurance.
- No Big Down Payment
– It costs significantly less to move into an apartment than it does to move into a house.
- You Can Invest Elsewhere
– With all that money you are saving, you can invest in something else.
- Lower Risk
– Renters are not affected by drastic changes in the housing market. They will never owe a mortgage that is worth more than the house’s worth.