Baking soda isn’t just for baking or keeping your refrigerator smelling fresh. Here are five great ways to use baking soda:
– If hard water in your home causes spots and stains on items that have been run through the dishwasher, add a spoonful of baking soda to your next load. Your dishes will come out spot-free.
– Baking soda is safe and effective when it comes to cleaning gold and silver jewelry. For best results, use a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, and rub gently on your jewelry. It gets rid of dirt, grime, and body oils, and leaves your gold and silver sparkling.
– To remove scuff marks left on your floor by dark-soled shoes, rub some baking soda into the spot with a wet rag. They’ll virtually disappear.
Make Better Coffee
– Combine 1/4 cup baking soda with 1 quart water and run it through your coffee maker as if you were making a cup of coffee. The baking soda will get rid of any mineral deposits that have built up inside. After your baking-soda cycle, run a pot full of plain water through. Now you’re ready to make some of the best-tasting brew to ever come out of your old coffee maker!
Stainless Steel Wonder
– To get the cleanest bathroom fixtures you’ve ever seen, apply a paste of vinegar and baking soda to stainless steel faucets, knobs, and towel bars. Lay old towels or rags on top and wait one hour, then buff off. Rinse the fixtures and then let them dry for sparkling fixtures without a hint of water marks.
Who Knew? 10,001 Easy Solutions to Everyday Problems