There are many uses for aluminum foil other than for wrapping up food. Here are just a few:
No More Wrinkles
– Covering your ironing board with foil before you iron your clothes will get them wrinkle-free twice as fast, saving you time and energy!
Perk Up Houseplants
– If your houseplants aren’t getting enough sun, maximize the amount of light they are getting by placing them on top of a table covered in foil (shiny side up). The foil will reflect the light, and your plants will thank you.
– To keep your silver from becoming tarnished, store it on top of a piece of aluminum foil. You can also wrap clean silverware in plastic wrap, then in foil, for tarnish-free long-term storage.
– If your household scissors are getting dull, sharpen them back up by cutting through several layers of aluminum foil at one time. It’s that easy!
Replace Steel Wool
– You have a pot that’s in need of a good scrubbing, but you’re out of steel wool. Simply reach for the aluminum foil! Roll it into a ball and use it (with some dishwashing liquid) to scrub off caked-on grease. This is also a great way to reuse foil before you recycle it.
Who Knew? 10,001 Easy Solutions to Everyday Problems