Salt isn’t just for French Fries and hard boiled eggs. Here are five interesting uses for salt that you may not have thought of:
Wicker That Won’t Age
– To keep wicker from yellowing in the sun, bathe it in salt water with a wet rag when it’s new.
– Water should never, ever be thrown on a grease fire, because it will only spread. If there’s a fire caused by grease or oil in your kitchen, throw salt on it until it’s extinguished. The salt will absorb the liquid that is causing the flames.
– To keep candles from dripping, soak them in a strong salt-water solution after purchasing. To make sure your salt water is as strong as possible, heat up some water and add salt until it won’t dissolve anymore – then you’ll know the water is completely saturated. Leave your candles in this solution for two hours, then remove and dry.
– Pour half a cup of salt down the drain of your kitchen sink with warm running water. The salt will freshen your drain and keep it from getting bogged down with grease.
– Get rid of nasty shoe odors by sprinkling salt in them and leaving overnight. The salt will absorb moisture and odors.
Who Knew? 10,001 Easy Solutions to Everyday Problems