Why You Need Renters Insurance

renters

Do you have Renters Insurance? Only about 31% of tenants do. Don’t be a part of the other 69%. Your landlord’s insurance policy does not protect your personal items in your apartment. Your landlord is only responsible for the structural damage to your apartment as a result of a fire, weather, or accident. To protect your personal items from this kind of damage, you must have renters insurance. Besides covering your personal items, renters insurance also protects you from liability. For instance if someone falls in your apartment and gets hurt, your renters insurance would provide you with coverage for their medical bills. Similarly if you accidentally start a fire by leaving your stove on, any damage to the building would be your responsibility and your renters insurance would cover you. Renters insurance also helps pay for a place to stay while you are displaced from your apartment for something like a hurricane or major repair. For information about obtaining a Renters Insurance policy, please contact your rental office. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s