This week’s Maintenance Monday tip comes from Apartment Therapy:
How to Clean & Deodorize a Wooden Cutting Board (Naturally!)
What You Need:
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup water (room temperature)
Sea Salt (about 2 tablespoons)
Mineral Oil or board oil (I prefer Blackcreek Mercantile Cutting Board Oil)
A good kitchen towel that you don’t mind getting dirty.
1. Using one half of your kitchen towel, wipe down the cutting board with a solution of 2 tablespoons vinegar to 1 cup water. Try to get all those little stains off!
2. Cut your lemon in half, and dip it into the sea salt. Use the lemon as a scrubber and scrub all around the board, getting into the cut grooves.
3. Wipe down the board with water, and pat dry.
4. Dip the other half of the kitchen towel into the mineral/board oil, and massage into the wood. Buff with a dry part of the towel when finished.
5. There you have it! Your naturally clean and deodorized cutting board!
(Images: Andie Powers)